High Density Polyethylene optical element
- High Density Polyethylene optical element
High Density Polyethylene(HDPE)
HDPE is a thermoplastic resin which transmits far infrared wavelength light. It has great chemical resistance and formability and can be molded into a lens.
- Nalux can create these lenses starting with optical design and continuing through mold design and precision injection molding.
- Proprietary software allows Nalux to create thinner and smaller HDPE lenses.
- Injection molding provides the design freedom to incorporate features into the lens that aid in assembly processes (ex. alignment holes).
- HDPE is available in natural, white and black colors.
Far infrared optical products such as far-infrared cameras and pyroelectric sensors.
Injection molding allows for high production volumes at low product cost.
High Density Polyethylene has high transmittance in the far infrared waveband.
Additionally, HDPE is chemically stable so it has strong chemical resistance.